webecho designs : accessibility statement
Optimise images in Fireworks
This is a very basic tutorial about how to use the export wizard in Macromedia Fireworks to optimise images before uploading them to your website.
1. File > Export Wizard
2. Select and Export Format > Continue
3. Choose "The Web" > Continue
4. Click "Exit"
5. Go to File Tab > Select output size (i.e. 200 x 200 pixels)
6. Go to Options tab > select output format
(Choose jpg for photographs and GIF for graphics with larger areas of colour)7. In this example: JPG - Choose output quality in % (most pictures will come out well at around 70% but you get a preview in the window to the right) It also shows you the output size in k at the top left of the top preview screen
8. Click Export
9. Save as - choose the folder you wish to save to
There are many other things you can adjust during this process, have a fiddle with the smoothing in JPG, or the number of colours used in GIFs etc.